The Bushnell is located in Downtown Hartford at:
Click here for directions or use the following:
- From the North or South, take I-91 to Exit 29A (Capitol Area). Go halfway around the rotary, and bear right onto Elm Street. Take the first left onto West Street. Turn right onto Capitol Avenue and continue one block to The Bushnell.
- From the East, take I-84 West to Exit 50 (Main Street). At the second light, turn left onto Main Street. At the tenth light, turn right onto Capitol Avenue. Continue three blocks to The Bushnell.
- From the West, take I-84 East to Exit 48B (Capitol Avenue/Asylum Street). Bear right onto Capitol Avenue. At the light, turn left onto Capitol Avenue. Continue one block to The Bushnell.
Important Parking Changes and Road Closures
With ongoing construction in the area, please be aware of signage and detours in the area. All changes to parking and road routes will be posted here and emailed to patrons. Please call the box office if you have any questions at (860) 987-5900.
The upper portion of the state parking lot, adjacent to the State Office Building (165 Capitol Avenue, Hartford) is closed and no longer available to patrons for Bushnell events. The lower portion of the state lot, indicated in green in the image below, remains open with a limited number of FREE spaces available. This lot can be accessed off Capitol Avenue and Buckingham Street.
NOTE: Some street parking and lots in the City may require payment.
Please allow ample time for parking and arrival to the theater. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Weekend and Weekday Evening Parking
Free parking is available in the State of Connecticut parking lots along Capitol Avenue.
Please look for prominently displayed signage off of Capitol Avenue that will direct patrons displaying a valid accessible parking permit to spaces. Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Valet service is located in front of The Bushnell off of Capitol Avenue. Valet is not available for weekday matinee performances.
Weekday Matinee Parking Information
Limited parking is available throughout the City during business hours. Patrons must provide ample time for parking and arrival to the theater.
Public parking options include, but are not limited to:
- Off-Street Surface Lots - walking distance .1mi – 1mi
- XL Center Parking Garage - walking distance .5mi
- Connecticut Convention Center - walking distance .8mi
- Union Train Station - walking distance .6 mi
- For detailed parking locations throughout the City, please visit www.hartford.com/parking/
*Please be aware that some street parking and lots in the City may require payment. Look for signage indicating whether or not your parking location requires payment. Provide ample time for parking and arrival to the theater. Valet parking is not available for weekday matinee performances.
CTfastrak & CTtransit
CTfastrak and CTtransit are great options for getting to downtown Hartford, including The Bushnell. CTfastrak is Connecticut’s new bus rapid transit system with frequent service and free parking in many locations. CTtransit has routes that serve downtown from the entire greater Hartford region.
All routes are in Google Maps, so it’s a great way to plan your trip! Click here to plan your trip, just enter your starting address and travel date/time for transit directions to the Bushnell.
Also, real time bus arrival information is available in the Hartford area to make your trip even easier, just download ‘TransitApp’ to your iOS or Android device and you’ll have accurate arrival and departure times right in your hand!