Bob Bloom’s arts-integration activities entice everyone to engage with him on joyous songs. The Great Hall will be filled with hearts and hands around a lovable array of melodic drums. Bob is certified as a “Master Teaching Artist” by The Connecticut Office of the Arts. Parents are invited to observe and participate.
This workshop is based on the specific needs of children on the Autism spectrum. The workshop is geared towards children ages 5-12. Every child will have their own drum for the workshop.
Workshops are $5 per child. Limited space available, so to reserve your spot please call the Education department at (860) 987-6042.
About Sensory-Friendly Performances
SPECIAL NOTE: This event is a sensory-friendly event.
Sensory-friendly performances are designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to all families and friends with children or adults who are diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other sensitivity issues.
Slight adjustments to the production are made and accommodations for these performances will include:
• Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds;
• Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance;
• A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
• Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
• Designated quiet areas within the theater lobby spaces, staffed with autism specialists;
• Space throughout the theater for standing and movement;
• Limited crowds and visitors at The Bushnell during the day and timing of the performance; and
• Bushnell staff and volunteers are trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs
Sensory-Friendly Services sponsored by: