Individuals Support the Annual Fund
It takes a cast of thousands to sustain our historic not-for-profit Center and to keep the arts alive and vibrant in Hartford. To many, it seems that the ticket revenue from the Broadway shows we present should, alone, be more than enough to cover our operating expenses. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Ticket revenue and other earned income only covers 48% of our operating budget. The remaining 52% comes from generous donors like you. Without your annual support, The Bushnell would not exist, and could not bring the wonderful world of Broadway to your doorstep each season.
Make a Wise Investment
We are proud to once again receive a four-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s premier independent not-for-profit charity rating organization. The four-star rating is the highest that Charity Navigator assigns to the not-for-profit groups they assess, and it illustrates our ability to effectively manage and grow our finances, indicating that we execute our mission in a fiscally responsible way. The Bushnell was the only performing arts organization in Connecticut to receive this prestigious four-star rating.
Please consider joining or renewing your support of The Bushnell’s Annual Fund by making a tax-deductible gift today.
What's so Amazing About the Annual Fund?
Whether it’s the preferred seating, opportunities for backstage tours, or advance notice of Broadway shows, your Bushnell Annual Fund membership makes you an essential part of one of America's most prestigious not-for-profit performing arts centers. Whether you join at the $100 level, the $15,000 level, or somewhere in between—you’ll stand side-by-side with friends and neighbors who value the arts and support our mission-based arts-in-education and community outreach programs.
The benefits of a Bushnell membership are significant. Following, are a few highlighted benefits that many donors particularly enjoy. For a comprehensive list of donor levels and benefits, refer to The Horace Bushnell Society and The Bushnell Center Membership sections below.
Load-in and Lunch
Feast on a gourmet boxed lunch while enjoying an insider’s look behind a current production at The Bushnell! Load-in and Lunch offers the chance to learn more about a show (typically from our Broadway Series) and to participate in a conversation with select individuals involved with the production. A boxed lunch, prepared by Max at The Bushnell, along with insightful discussion is a refreshing interruption from your workday routine.
Advance Ticket Offers (ATOs)
Buy your tickets before they are available to the general public! Advance ticket offers give you the opportunity to purchase the hottest tickets in advance of the general public, ensuring that you get the seats you need at the shows you want! You will receive notice of these ATOs in the mail or by email (if you are a subscriber) throughout the year as they become available.
Donor Concierge Services
Need to buy tickets? Need to change your tickets? Need an extra ticket? Use our Donor Concierge Services! Available to you in appreciation for your level of giving, the Donor Concierge is your personal resource for all of your Bushnell ticketing needs. Are you giving at the $500 level or higher? If so, please call (860) 987-6069 today to begin taking advantage of this valuable benefit.
Horace Bushnell Suite
Let Max at The Bushnell wine and dine you in the exclusive Horace Bushnell Suite before you head downstairs to enjoy a show. The suite provides a lovely, convenient experience—and you only have to park once! The suite offers a tantalizing array of appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts that are guaranteed to please. The suite also features a full bar and a selection of fine wines. Eliminate the hustle-and-bustle of dinner and a show and enjoy an evening of elegant fine dining in the Horace Bushnell Suite. Reservations are required. Please call (860) 987-6069 to check for availability and to make your reservation.
Join Today! Your membership does so much more than turn on our house lights, it helps us:
- Present the highest quality entertainment and provide a home for the finest not-for-profit performing arts groups
- Create community partnerships that support outreach and audience development efforts
- Inspire diverse, economically disadvantaged students to imagine brighter futures by using arts strategies to teach core curriculum
- Share information about our exciting arts-based economic development activities
PARTNERS students celebrate science A PARTNERS early childhood literacy unit
Make your online donation today.
Annual Fund Membership Benefits and Privileges
Make your gift today and let us show you why The Bushnell has been Connecticut’s premier not-for-profit home for the performing arts for 80 years. Membership has its privileges, and your benefits begin the moment you join! To learn more about the many benefits of membership, please explore the following menu of benefits.
The Horace Bushnell Society
Encore Circle: $15,000 and above
- An Evening of Honor: a performance at The Bushnell in your honor with two orchestra seats reserved for you and your guest. Recognition on a full-page insert in The Bushnell's Prompter playbill, and all benefits listed below
Directors Circle: $10,000-$14,999
- Horace Bushnell Suite account valued at $200
- Special in-house recognition during one non-Broadway performance, and all benefits listed below
Producers Circle: $5,000-$9,999
- Invitation to a meeting of the Board of Overseers
- Complimentary valet parking for two performances, and all benefits listed below
Stars Circle: $2,500-$4,999
- A behind-the-scenes tour of a Broadway production (by appointment, based on availability)
- Invitation to a post-performance cast party and other exclusive events, and all benefits listed below
Artists Circle: $1,500-$2,499
- Subscription seating upgrade priority
- VIP ticketing at selected major arts centers nationwide, and all benefits listed below
The Bushnell Center Membership
- Use of Bushnell entertainment spaces at 20% savings off the base room rental (one usage annually, additional fees may apply)
- Advanced ticket opportunity for Ovations, The Bushnell's annual gala, and all benefits listed below
- Access to the exclusive Horace Bushnell Suite for an entire season
- Access to our Donor Concierge for premium seats in both theaters
- Affinity discount of 10% for single ticket purchases (some restrictions apply)
- No service charge for ticket purchases (special handling fees may apply to certain shows)
- No service charge for ticket exchange (within shows only)
- Invitation to all four Load-in and Lunch events, a unique luncheon program offering an inside perspective to the current Broadway show, and all benefits listed below
- Savor a trial membership in the Horace Bushnell Suite for three performances
- Invitation to purchase priority advance tickets to selected Bushnell-sponsored performances before the general public, and all benefits listed below
- An invitation to one Load-in and Lunch event
- Listing in the Annual Message
- Logo pin, and all benefits listed below
- Receive the Performer newsletter to keep you informed about exciting new initiatives and programs
- Listing in the online Donor Honor Roll
- Receive a Bushnell static decal
Thank you for your help and support of the arts!