Scenes from the Bushnell

Support The Bushnell

As a dynamic 21st Century Performing Arts Center, and largest not-for-profit arts organization in the state, we give back to the community at the highest level that our resources will allow.  We are a leader in the field of arts-in-education, are dedicated to serving many diverse segments of our community, and use dynamic arts strategies to leverage vibrant regional economic development. 

For the last 80 years, The Bushnell has been one of Connecticut’s most treasured cultural assets.  The valuable support we receive from individuals, corporations, and foundations helps us maintain the high level of quality in our main stage and community programming that you have come to expect. 

To many, it seems that the ticket revenue from the Broadway shows we present should, alone, be more than enough to cover our operating expenses.  Unfortunately, this is not the case.  Ticket revenue and other earned income only covers 48% of our operating budget.  The remaining 52% comes from generous donors like you.  Without your support, The Bushnell would not exist, and could not bring the wonderful world of Broadway to your doorstep each season.

Your generous support does so much more than turn on our house lights, it helps us:

  • Present the highest quality entertainment and provide a home for the finest not-for-profit performing arts groups
  • Create community partnerships that support outreach and audience development efforts
  • Inspire diverse, economically disadvantaged students to imagine brighter futures by using arts strategies to teach core curriculum
  • Share information about our exciting arts-based economic development activities

Individual Support
Annual Fund membership gives you a personal role in maintaining The Bushnell’s position as the premier performance home for the finest not-for-profit performing arts groups in Connecticut.  Your gift today will directly support The Bushnell’s vision to present, create, inspire and share the best in the performing arts; and in partnership with others, seek to advance education, promote economic development and build a sense of community in central Connecticut and beyond.

Act Now to Help the Arts Thrive in Hartford
Click here to make an online tax-deductible donation today!  To donate by phone, call (860) 987-6083. 

To donate by mail, print out the annual giving form and mail it to:
 The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts
 c/o Development Office
 166 Capitol Avenue
 Hartford, CT  06106   

Thank you, in advance, for your generous support.

Corporate and Foundation Support 
Vital support provided by foundations and corporations of all sizes contributes to the ongoing success of our not-for-profit organization.  View a list of our current corporate and foundation supporters to see which organizations are already gaining value through their association with The Bushnell brand.

Trade Partnerships and In-Kind Donations
Our Trade Partner program markets and promotes the goods and services of small businesses, restaurants, hotels, merchants, and other companies to Bushnell patrons in exchange for goods and/or services integral to our day-to-day operation.  From florists to limousine services our Trade Partners are as diverse as the goods they provide.  Click here for more information about how your business can participate.

Ovations Gala
Ovations is an annual gala event to benefit our award-winning arts-in-education and community engagement programming.  Individual tickets and corporate sponsorships are still available.  Click here to learn how you can participate in this year’s event. 

Other Ways You Can Help

  • Join the Bushnell Volunteer Team.  Over 700 volunteers form the backbone of our organization.  As a volunteer you can make new friends while leading tours, acting as an usher, or performing other mission-critical duties at our Center 
  • Friend us on Facebook to receive up-to-the-minute information 
  • Visit our blog to provide us with feedback about your Bushnell experience
  • Share your enthusiasm about The Bushnell’s upcoming events and community involvement with your friends and family