« May 2008 | Main | July 2008 »

June 2008 Archives

June 12, 2008

Good news for Friday the 13th!

This Friday, June 13, tickets to see Monty Python's SPAMALOT and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street go on sale to the general public! SPAMALOT comes to The Bushnell September 2-7, and Sweeney Todd runs October 14-19. Friday the 13th has never been so good!

June 17, 2008

Special guest blog by one of our Bushnell Trustees, Jay Benet!

Dear Bushnell Blog,

It’s hard to believe that another season at The Bushnell is coming to an end! This has been a great season – my wife and I have enjoyed our subscription to the Broadway Series and look forward to next season’s line-up.

Throughout this year I’ve also come to know The Bushnell in another way – as co-chair of the Annual Fund Committee. As a Trustee, I’ve been aware of how much The Bushnell depends on the generosity of its Donors, Subscribers and Friends. However, through the Annual Fund Committee, I’ve seen first hand exactly what it takes to sustain the magic of the arts at The Bushnell.

Did you know that The Bushnell is actually a Not-for-Profit organization? Only 45% of the operating expenses are covered through ticket revenue and other earned income. The remaining 55% comes from the support of donors and sponsors. These gifts are as varied as the individuals who give them. Every gift, no matter the size, makes a difference and helps continue the important work that happens in this historic hall.

As the 2007-08 season comes to an end the need for donor support remains strong. We have an ambitious $875,000 Annual Fund goal and we’re close – but we need the help of the community to get there.

I hope that everyone who has enjoyed an experience at The Bushnell and who believes, as I do, that The Bushnell is a key component of the thriving arts scene in the Greater Hartford area will consider supporting the Annual Fund this year. Time is of the essence – all gifts and pledges must be received by June 30. And, giving has never been easier – just visit www.bushnell.org, click on the ‘Donate Now’ button and make a gift today!


Jay S. Benet
Trustee

June 18, 2008

The '80s rock!

The '80s-centric musical comedy The Wedding Singer opened last night! Did you see the show? What did you think?

About June 2008

This page contains all entries posted to The Bushnell Blog in June 2008. They are listed from oldest to newest.

May 2008 is the previous archive.

July 2008 is the next archive.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.

Powered by
Movable Type 3.35